Hey so since it's All Star Month here on Buzznet, I'm going to share a new book I'm currently in love with that's been creating quite a 'buzz' in the literary world and selling out bookstores across the country.
For the past few months, I've been seeing numerous quotes from John Green's New York Times Bestseller, The Fault In Our Stars, all over Tumblr to the point where my curiousity got the best of me. I'm an avid reader and I can't go a day without reading at least one chapter out of a book. I'm a total nerd, I know. I finally got my hands on The Fault In Our Stars on Monday and I just finished it about ten minutes ago. I. Could. Not. Put. This. Book. Down. Without giving too much away, here's why:
1. The Fault In Our Stars makes you question the things we oblivously worry about in our every day lives. Suddenly, obsessing over eating a cupcake and how many calories I'm intaking sounds ridiculous after reading about what cancer patients have to go through.
2. The problems I thought I was having at sixteen don't even compare to the things Hazel and Augustus and Isaac are going through. We are so very lucky to be alive and healthy.
3. I'm a sucker for a good love story but not just any love story: an infinite one. One that I only hope will mirror the situation I'm currently in in some way.
4. Just the title itself got me thinking: The Fault In Our Stars. Like there's something misleading about them; about wishing on them.
5. The quotes I've seen on Tumblr aren't appreciated until you read their full meaning in the context. I'll be quoting this book for weeks now.
"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."
"It's hard as hell to hold on to your dignity when the risen sun is too bright in your losing eyes..."
"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
I urge you all to read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and tell me your thoughts after you're done. It really makes you appreciate what we are given.
Have you read The Fault In Our Stars? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below!
Don't miss a beat! Follow me on Twitter @TinaTweetsAlot