Glasgow based electro-pop band, CHVRCHES, have released their debut album, The Bones Of What You Believe, last week and it's been turning heads. I first discovered CHVRCHES this past spring after hearing "Recover" and I haven't been able to get them out of my mind since.
Here are 5 reasons why you should give The Bones Of What You Believe a chance:
1. It's insanely infectious! You all know how much I love my synthpop and this album does not disappoint. There's a nice blend of day and night songs, which to me is a key element to any album. If you're wondering what on earth I'm talking about - some songs are meant to be heard during the day while others are solely saved for the night. Some even can be played both times. :P
2. "Tether." This song is a reason within itself! My first impression upon hearing this song was that it reminded me of The Cranberries. It gives off this nostalgic 90's vibe that I absolutely love! Just press play!
3. I love female fronted bands with sass! Whenever someone has the balls to call someone out on their crap, I instantly like them. "Gun" is a perfect example. "Did it make you feel so clever?"
4. "You Caught The Light." No explanation needed.
5. I love when a band is just as amazing as their music. Singer Lauren Mayberry recently spoke out on online sexual harassment and it just made me love her even more. When a band sticks up for 'what they believe,' pun intended, it really leaves a mark on my heart. Some bands have amazing songs with really heartfelt lyrics but sadly, they don't practice what they preach. I think its safe to say that we can count on CHVRCHES to be honest.